Training workshop on national standards for septic tanks
The NS 17-074 series of standards relating to non-collective sanitation structures has been approved by the ASN Board of Directors since May 2021 following its validation by the technical committee (CT 17) in February 2021.
As part of the popularization of the standard, the Senegalese Association for Standardization ASN organized a training workshop for actors in the sector. This workshop, which took place on June 22 and 23, 2022, saw the participation of actors from public and private services, NGOs, civil society organizations, masonry and plumbing training schools, construction companies toilets and journalists.
Among the structures we can mention:
- the Department of Sanitation (DA); -the Department of the Environment and Classified Establishments (DEEC);
- Department of Town Planning and Architecture; - Department of Water Resources Planning Management (DGPRE);
- the National Sanitation Office of Senegal (ONAS); - - National Civic Service;
- Section of the Gendarmerie of the Environment; -The PS- Water;
- The Sector Center for Vocational Training (CSFP-BTP) - Diamniadio; -GRET;
- SIED; -WASH Service;
- EDE; - Association of Sanitation Journalists in Senegal;
- Masons and plumbers;
- USAID ACCESS;
- Enda OR/Enda Energy;
- Aaar Pesoung;
- Higher Institute of Local Development (ISDL);
This workshop made it possible for stakeholders to understand the requirements relating to the planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of domestic sanitation works not connected to a sewer or stormwater drainage.
The actors were also made aware of the use of standards in support of public policies, regulations and the services provided.